среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

DIY Rustic Wood Sign Tutorial

DIY Rustic Wood Sign Tutorial

Hello! It’s Ginger from GingerSnapCrafts.com. I am so happy to be a part of the Craftaholics Anonymous® Creative Team this year! I love stopping by each month to say hello. Today I’d love to show you how I made this super easy DIY Rustic Wood Sign with just a few supplies. So let’s get started.


Save


rustic wood sign

For this project you will need:


  • piece of old barn wood or fence board
  • decoupage
  • creme wax
  • old rag
  • paint
  • paint brush
  • sander & fine sandpaper

First, I sanded my board slightly, & then I cleaned the board with a damp cloth to remove any dust.


supplies

Then I cut the phrase “our happily ever after” out with my Silhouette & some scrap vinyl. I used the Isabella Script font. Instead of weeding out the excess vinyl like I normally do, I weeded out the letters. Then I applied the vinyl stencil to my board.


stencil

Then I applied a pretty generous amount of decoupage to my board. This helps seal the stencil & prevents paint from seeping underneath my stencil later on. Then I let it dry completely.


how to stencil
After the decoupage had dried I painted over the stencil with a thin coat of paint.

sign tutorial

stenciling on a board
After the paint had dried all the way, I slightly sanded over the letters to distress it just a little bit.

distressed sign
To give a little more protection & a more finished look I applied one coat of wax using an old rag. All done! I told you it was easy.

creme wax

I love how it turned out! I made this sign for my little sister. Her & her husband are moving into a new home in just a few weeks. She is so excited, & she wanted some help decorating. So of course, I volunteered. ;) I think I want to make another one for me, too! ha!


Aren’t they adorable?


DIY Wood Sign Tutorial GingerSnapCrafts.com

DIY Rustic Wood Sign from GingerSnapCrafts.com #DIY #barnwood #sign
More Wedding Crafts You’ll Love!

DIY wedding invitations
10 Tips for DIY Wedding Invitiations

Original article and pictures take cf.craftaholicsanonymous.net site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий