среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

DIY Rustic Frame For A Vintage Map

DIY Rustic Frame For A Vintage Map

We made this DIY Rustic Frame for our vintage map and now, the master bedroom is coming along so nicely.


I’m thrilled you guys loved the mint nightstand as much as we do! You guys rock!


The latest project is another one that I absolutely ADORE. We had a blast building this DIY Rustic Frame for a Vintage Map.


I was inspired to create this DIY Rustic Frame for our Vintage Map for several reasons. One, it’s very “us.” We love history and we love traveling across the country, in fact we’ve driven cross-country four times now. And two, I also wanted some masculine elements to counterbalance the feminine ones like the mint nightstand. This rustic framed map creates the perfect balance for our space.


Vintage Map in a DIY Rustic Frame

Now about the rustic frame, Liz at Love Grows Wild recently shared her Rustic Industrial Chalkboard and I fell in love. Her rustic frame was the inspiration for my own. Liz also shares a great tutorial on how she made her frame.


Vintage Map in a DIY Rustic Frame

We headed to Lowes and picked up some pine boards and worked out the frame. I stained the frame with Minwax’s Special Walnut. It was the perfect color for our rustic frame. To give it that industrial look, we also added the L brackets to each corner.


Vintage Map in a DIY Rustic Frame

And the map… I purchased it on Ebay. She’s a beauty. She’s over 100 years old and her colors are so lovely.


Vintage Map in a DIY Rustic Frame

This new piece of wall art is currently one of my favorite things. I’m so proud of the way it came out. Our master bedroom is coming together so nicely. I look forward to sharing more projects as we work on them.


Is there a piece in your house that you just absolutely LOVE? I’d love to hear about it!


Sharing this project with Savvy Southern Style, My Repurposed Life


Original article and pictures take www.makinghomebase.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий