среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

How To Make Your Own Paper Clay

How To Make Your Own Paper Clay
DIY Craft Tutorial How to make paper mache air dry clay
How to make paper mache air dry clay

Recently I decided to see if I could make my own air dry, paper clay to use on some of my paper mache projects. I ended up with a really great clay that can be used not only for paper mache projects but for many other sculpting projects as well. It was super easy and inexpensive to make. You will never believe the main component I used to make this clay...a roll of toilet tissue paper. Seriously. Here's the recipe and instructions on how I did it.


Tags: #diy #paper #clay #recipe #toilet #tissue #papier #mache #air #dry #oven #recipe #joint #compound #directions #how #make #without


1. I took the cheapest roll of toilet paper I could find (four rolls for $1 at a local dollar store), removed the center tube and soaked the tissue roll in a container of hot water until all the fibers completely broke down. The thinner, less expensive stuff is great because it breaks down easy.


2. I strained all the water from the bowl and then hand squeezed out all the absorbed water I possibly could from the paper fibers. I pulled into chunks and measured out 2 cups.


DIY Tutorial: How to make paper mache air dry clay from toilet tissue
Squeeze dried tissue

3. I dumped the measured paper, joint compound, Paper Mache paste, flour and mineral oil in a mixing bowl.


Recipe tutorial directions how to make paper mache air dry clay for crafts
Adding joint compound, paste and mineral oil

DIY Craft Tutorial: How to make paper mache air dry clay
Finished clay.

I have really enjoyed playing around with this clay and hope you do as well. I've already completed one project using it (tutorial on it coming soon) and look forward to using it in many more. Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting! :)


DIY Tutorial How To Make Your Own Paper Clay


Some of the products I used are available at Amazon via the affiliate picture links below.


Original article and pictures take www.boreidesign.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий