среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

How to Make a 30-Minute Farmhouse Wreath for Under $10

How to Make a 30-Minute Farmhouse Wreath for Under $10
WOW! You have got to see how to make this farmhouse wreath for under $10, in less than 30 minutes! Tutorial available at diy beautify!
Farmhouse Wreath for Under $10 | diy beautify

Would you believe me if I told you that I found this striped canvas ribbon at


Walmart?


I know, amazing, right? This striped ribbon has a farmhouse look; it even looks like twill, but it's thinner and is wired, which is perfect for keeping the 'bubbles' in this wreath looking full.


I've been so happy to see more selection and specialty-type products showing up on the shelves at Walmart...from home decor to food stuffs. So if you're a Walmart-hater, stop it! Go check out all the new merch! (I'm not even being paid to say that, I'm just a happy consumer!).


I love blue and white, that is no secret! And while I gave my guest room a blue and white makeover recently, I had other plans for this wreath!


WOW! You have got to see how to make this farmhouse wreath for under $10, in less than 30 minutes! Tutorial available at diy beautify!
WOW! You have got to see how to make this farmhouse wreath for under $10, in less than 30 minutes! Tutorial available at diy beautify!

Let me show you how easy it is to make. One of the reasons I love to blog is because it satisfies something in my soul to inspire you...to show you how to create something beautiful that creates warmth and homey-ness (is that a word?) in your home!


This farmhouse wreath is the perfect example! It's quick, easy, cheap (shh) and beautiful!


How to make a 30-minute farmhouse wreath for under $10! | diy beautify
WOW! You have got to see how to make this farmhouse wreath for under $10, in less than 30 minutes! Tutorial available at diy beautify!

I guess technically it's 3 items, but I was thinking wreath form and ribbon.


SUPPLIES NEEDED:



That's it friends, I really wasn't lying! You can see that this wreath cost right around $10, tax included!


DIRECTIONS:


I think the proper name for this type of wreath design is a 'bubble wreath'. I've made them before using burlap and they are always impressive. The wreath only looks challenging, it's really very simple.


Rather than go step by step through the process, I'm going to direct you to this video that explains it beautifully. Don't worry, it's only a 2-minute video!


I follow the same basic steps to make my wreaths, with a couple differences: I don't twist my ribbon, I don't really see the need for that step. I just alternate where I poke it through the wreath form so that it doesn't pop back out.


I also didn't use any wire. I found it easiest to just leave enough of a tail at the beginning and end of the ribbon so that when the wreath is finished, I tucked those edges over and under the wire at the back to secure.


WOW! You have got to see how to make this farmhouse wreath for under $10, in less than 30 minutes! Tutorial available at diy beautify!
Farmhouse wreath for under $10 | diy beautify

You can see above that one roll of ribbon was enough to finish a little more than half the wreath.You really don't want to skimp on the ribbon; the goal is to create a full wreath with no wire showing through.


But don't pull your loops too big or you will need to run back to Walmart for more ribbon! My bubbles are about 1 to 1-1/2" high.


WOW! You have got to see how to make this farmhouse wreath for under $10, in less than 30 minutes! Tutorial available at diy beautify!
How to make a farmhouse wreath for under $10 | diy beautify

The beauty of using wired ribbon is that you can fluff and primp your 'bubbles' to make them even fuller and to disguise the metal showing through from the wreath form!


I was left with enough ribbon on my second roll to create a matching bow for my wreath. And with that, this farmhouse ribbon wreath was finished! I hung it on this chippy old window that came from a church.


WOW! You have got to see how to make this farmhouse wreath for under $10, in less than 30 minutes! Tutorial available at diy beautify!
How to make a farmhouse wreath for under $10! | diy beautify

If I've inspired you today to see what you can make with only 10 bucks and a few minutes of your time, I have accomplished my goal!


I would love to know if you make this wreath, please let me know in the comments!


And as always, share this project with all of your friends who you think would like to know how to make a farmhouse wreath on the cheap!


bringing beauty to the ordinary,




Don't miss these Popular Posts!


Featured at: Shabby Art Boutique, Moonlight and Mason Jars


Sharing with: Average but Inspired, The Pin Junkie, Shabby Art Boutique, Design Dining and Diapers, Tatertots and Jello, Maison de Pax,


Original article and pictures take www.diybeautify.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий