среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Glow in the Dark Galaxy Jars

Glow in the Dark Galaxy Jars
DSC_0074
Published on July 13th, 2015 | by Kristen Swain

I love projects that use recycle-able jars. It’s like the craft fun is half price!


I collect my glass jars and save them for fun uses. It’s nice to have an assortment when I get an idea for a project.


These jars remind me of when I was a kid, we’d run around the black yard, collecting fireflies and putting them in a jar.


Of course with an older brother, I didn’t collect the most, but also because bugs kind of ick me out, and I never liked touching the fireflies.


It’s so cool that where I live now, we have yellow and green light fireflies.


So these pretty jars lighting up in different colors bring me back to both memories of childhood but also the times my girls have run around chasing the bugs too.


When I bought these colors, I wasn’t sure I’d get multi colors. But they really do show the colors.

I didn’t use every color either. I look forward to creating more glow in the dark crafts with the additional colors in the kit.


DSC_0074

I bought Glow Fabric paint, but I love that they have the little tips on there for fine detail.


You also need how ever many jars you want to decorate. I love this craft, it’s a great one for detail oriented kids.


DSC_0001

Begin by setting up your area. Some of the paint could get on your surface, so protect that. I also used a paint tube to steady my jar as I leaned them on their sides.


DSC_0004

Begin by adding small dots, in a line or randomly. Fill in with medium and larger dots if you want. Or we can just do small dots for now.


DSC_0005

My first jars were all small dots, then as I got more familiar with the paint and process, I added larger dots.


DSC_0006

After I left them to dry overnight, I found that my jars were barely glowing. Small dots don’t glow that brightly.


I gave them all a second coating of dots, being sure to add some as large as a pencil eraser.


Let them dry overnight again.


DSC_0066
Once they are dry, they are ready to use. Charge them up with a flashlight, or a lamp.

DSC_0064

They glow so brightly for a few minutes, then to a lesser glow. Still so much fun. I can see the glow part keeping a child busy for some time, charging them with a light, then enjoying them in the dark.


They do give off a soft light, enough to see object close at hand.


DSC_0072

Enjoy!


kris


Original article and pictures take creativemeinspiredyou.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий