среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

50+ Crafts You Can Make and Sell {Updated for 2018!}

50+ Crafts You Can Make and Sell {Updated for 2018!}

I know many moms who making extra money every weekend selling handmade items at craft fairs, flea markets, and even on local Facebook buy/sell/trade pages. You can make DIY projects at home (at night, on the weekend, as you have time) and sell them for profit!


I thought it would be a neat exercise to find a variety of popular crafts you can make and resell. These days, almost anything goes. I love the fact that you can make something in your spare time (during naptime, while the kids are playing, etc), have fun doing it, and profit from it financially!


Before you continue, I want to mention something. A lot of people have been asking me lately where exactly you should try to sell your crafts online. I am going to write a post about this, but in the meantime, I want to put this out there – there is no better place to sell your crafts that a combo of local Facebook groups + Etsy + your own website. Hands down, the first thing I would do if I wanted to sell crafts online is to set up a shop on my blog. With a blog, you are able to push out your images and sales pages to all sorts of platforms, including Facebook and Pinterest. There are millions of people shopping for handmade items, and if you have your own blog, you can call the shots. You can even take a shot at ranking in Google for the craft of your choice – that’s how I get so much traffic to my own e-products and sell them like crazy every month. The principle is the same for physical products.


  • October 2015 Income Report – How I made $7,495 from my blog even before I added a product line in December…goes to show even if your primary motivation for starting a blog is to sell a product, you can also earn money many different ways from the content!
  • How to Start a Blog (includes a step-by-step tutorial you can print out & recommendations on beautiful e-commerce ready website templates)

7c0842934e061508553624-Blog-Startup-Guide-PNG-transparent.png

Starting a MONEY-MAKINGBLOG

is easier than you think.


I'll show you exactly how STEP-BY-STEP.


Enter your name + email for a 100% FREE

copy of my BLOG STARTUP GUIDE!


50+ Crafts to Sell at Craft Fairs + Flea Markets


Here are some unique ideas I found around the blogosphere to get your creativity flowing! These range from simple DIY crafts to larger handmade projects.


I’m a sucker for all the cute decorations I find at flea markets and fairs, and I love supporting other artisans, so if you think of an idea and you think it’s amazing, I say go for it! You never know who might buy it.


50+ Crafts to Make and Sell at Crafts Fairs and Flea Markets! A great list of things to make and sell…all easy ideas anyone can do. Part of a series on ways to make extra money.

1) Leopard Desk Mat ~ Courtesy of Mama of 3 Munchkins


2) Seashell Framed Mirror ~ Courtesy of Ann’s Entitled Life


3) Message/Photo Board ~ Courtesy of How to Have It All


4) Scoot Board ~ Courtesy of A Few Shortcuts


5) Chalkboard Tray ~ Courtesy of How to Have It All


6) Etched Drinking Glasses ~ Courtesy of A Few Shortcuts – These are always popular gift ideas.


7) Homemade Jar Candles ~ Courtesy of A Few Shortcuts


8) Bib Overalls Upcycled Purse ~ Courtesy of Reuse Grow Joy


9) Monogrammed Welcome Mat ~ Courtesy of Mama of 3 Munchkins


10) Bird Seed Ornament – These are SO POPULAR in late winter / early spring! I know this for a fact because lots of people visit this post on my blog to learn about making these ornaments that time of year.


Jeweled Burlap Letters Idea #10 on a list of 50+ Crafts to Make and Sell at Crafts Fairs and Flea Markets! A great list of things to make and sell…all easy ideas anyone can do,even kids and teens. Part of a series on ways to make extra money.

10 Pretty Christmas Wreaths

13) Letter Crafts – This weekend I was out and about in a nearby small town, and I came across this cute shop that lets individual vendors set up booths and sell their crafty creations. There were tons of customers going in and out of this place, and I left with something myself.


I found four of the cutest letter crafts there as you can see in the collage below – a button metal letter, a wooden letter A, the alphabet with a child’s name highlighted and spelled out below (“E” was purple, which doesn’t show in the pic below), and button-decorated leather letters and mossy musical notes.


I think these would be fun to make and sell like hotcakes!


Selling these ADORABLE LETTER CRAFTS is a great way to make extra money. I found these in a local craft shop that sells space to individual vendors. Part of my series of 50+ Crafts to Make and Sell at Crafts Fairs and Flea Markets! A great list of things to make and sell…all easy ideas anyone can do,even kids and teens. Click to see all the ideas in one place.

14) Glass Stone Magnets


I can’t get enough of these glass stone magnets! You could make them with any design you like, even specific to a holiday or occasion. This is an especially hot craft idea if you live in a vacation destination or can appeal to enthusiasts. For instance, I LOVE LOVE LOVE anything map themed, and if you sold a set of map magnets, I’d buy it in a second!


If you can’t see the pricing on these, they were selling for Three for $5.00 or $1.75 each. They couldn’t cost more than 25 cents to make! Talk about great profit margins!


I can't get enough of these GLASS STONE MAGNETS! They're the perfect DIY craft to make and sell at flea markets or craft fairs. Part of my series on ways to make extra money and the post 50+ Crafts to Make and Sell at Crafts Fairs and Flea Markets! Check it out for a great list of things to make and sell…simple, easy ideas anyone can do, even teens and kids!

mason jar soap pumps2

Ideas from Handmade @ Amazon


Amazon recently unveiled an awesome new category- Handmade Items!


I think this is a smart move on their part. I love the fact that craft artisans now have access to another large marketplace. If you sell your items at craft fairs, this could be just another leg of income for you!


Here are some of the items people are making and, presumably, selling on Amazon in addition to selling them in person (that’s what I would do!)



How to Find Things to Make and Sell from Home


My favorite ways to get inspired is to visit local antique shops and also browse around on Etsy.com. You can even sort by best selling to find the most profitable things to consider.


Not that you need to copy anyone else’s idea, but just seeing all the amazing craft items that people are able to make and then put up for sale always fills me ideas of my own!


And Tons More Craft Ideas to Resell


If you give one of these crafts a shot at a local craft fair or flea market, let me know how it goes! I’d love to feature you on my blog.


Note to bloggers: I will close this linkup once it reaches 50 or more entries, so link away! Up to 3 ideas per blog.


More from WhatMommyDoes


7 Ways to Make 500-1000 Extra Per Month

For anyone interested in learning how I make money blogging, here's my July 2015 blog Income Report. I hope it inspires you to know some people earn a good bit of extra money for their families by blogging and gives you an idea of what is possible. It includes my thoughts on the income breakdown - passive vs active earnings.

15 Things You Can Sell Right Now to Make Extra Money Fast

Easy crafts to make and sell at craft fairs….a list of super cute DIY craft projects you can sell for extra money. Great if you need a list of ideas to get your creativity flowing. All the crafts have tutorials, too. Some are simple enough for kids, others are better for teens and moms. Just in time for Christmas cash!

Original article and pictures take cdn1.whatmommydoes.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий