среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

11 DIY Projects for a Craft Fair

11 DIY Projects for a Craft Fair


11 DIY Projects for a Craft Fair and what to charge!


Don’t you just love to create and make a little money on the side, doing something you LOVE!? If you have an creative blog, etsy shop or any online business check out my 7 Day Pinterest Challenge to bring more traffic to your site, bringing you more readers and customers!


I’m going to be doing a few craft fairs this Holiday Season. I thought it would be fun to put together a post of some great project ideas. Here are 11 DIY Projects for a Craft Fair that are simple and adorable. I’ll be making some of these this year for the craft fairs I’ll be vending at.


These are all make great gifts that aren’t cheesy. I wouldn’t mind receiving one of them.


Chicken Wire Frames


I think these would be a great hit. I have seen large frames at the Goodwill and thrift stores before. I’ve seen them for about $5-7 You can get spray paint and chicken wire at Home Depot for under $10 and you can make a handful of projects with each. Let’s say you buy 5 frames at a thrift store for $6 each, spray paint $5, chicken wire $7. You’ve spent $roughly $42 on supplies. I would sell these for at least $18. You are more than doubling what you’ve spent!



Washer Necklaces


These are so cute! The stamp set to make the impressions in the washer is a little pricey but I think these would do great. It’s a one time investment for an alphabet set. You can find the metal stamps HERE! If you make some that say, mom, dad, sister, brother, grandma, aunt, uncle etc. You can buy the ball chains in bulk through Amazon. I would say you could sell these easily for $15-$20.


How to stamped and make washer necklaces. Tutorial at the36thavenue.com

DIY Hair Bow


Hair bows are always a great seller at craft fairs. The little girls go crazy for them. There are tons of different tutorials but this one is fairly easy if you didn’t want to spend a ton of time on them. You can use felt or you can easily use ribbon or even fabric! I’ve seen bows usually around $3-6 each.



I love clothes pins! You can use these to make some pretty adorable gifts. Refrigerator magnets are awesome- I don’t know if I’ve ever gone to anyone’s house who did NOT have one on their fridge. There’s tons of clothes pin sizes, too. I think selling them individually for $1.50 or 4 for $5 would be the ideal price.


mod podge melts clothespin magnets 4 copy

Chocolate Chip Cookie Mason Jar


I love these!!! You can do so many different recipes, too! I was at Joann’s Fabrics the other day and I say these for $16! I think $10 or $12 depending on the recipe would be a great price.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix + Printable from addapinch.com ... excellent chocolate chip cookie ... excellent! No need to pack the brown sugar - leaves too much air space at the top of the jar.:

Snowmen Mugs


Ok, these are are just too stinking cute and so easy to make!!!! You can find these sometimes at the 99 cent store or Dollar Tree. If you have an ikea in your area I’m sure you could find some there at a great price, too! All you need is some colored sharpies. I am going to be making these and putting a pack of hot cocoa, marshmallows and a candy cane in the mug and wrapping with cellophane and a ribbon. I’ll be selling them for $5 each. (One of us at the table will be customizing these for people and wrapping them.)



DIY Coasters


Who doesn’t need a set of coasters. These are always great gifts and so easy to do with some paper and modge podge. I’ll be selling them for $10-$12.



Leather Pouch


Ok, I think these are too cute!!! I don’t think I’ll be making leather ones I did buy some cute fabric to try it with. I love those little charms. Depending on the fabric cost I would say around $7-8 for these.


Image result for no sew jewelry pouch

Mason Jar Pincushion with Sewing Kit


Ok, How cute are these for a grandma or aunt who sews? You can get a couple of large sewing kits and divide up the contents. They could all be a little different, too. You could even cut up an old flannel or blanket to use as the pincushion on top. I’ would sell these for $8 each.


The Enchanting Rose: Mason Jar Pincushions:

DIY Chain Woven Bracelet


These look so complicated and are so simple you will be shocked! I’ll be getting my 13 year old to be making these for the craft fairs. Afterall, I’ doing them to raise money for her School Trip to New York! You can get some great assortment colors of the suede lace on Amazon as well as the curb chain that’s used in the tutorial. I think these would sell easily at $10 or maybe 2 for $15.


DIY Chain Woven Bracelet

Canvas Art


These canvases are so beautiful! I love the way they look you can paint them all white, or any one color. You can f


ind little wooden words a Michaels in the dollar bins, or create your own words by buying individual letters. Depending on the cost of the canvas and letters I wouldn’t go below $20 for one of these. If you didn’t want to do this on canvas you can always get a thin piece of ply board, too! Might be more cost effective.



Well, I hope you enjoyed my thoughts on some fabulous DIY Projects for a Craft Fair by some super talented bloggers. I’ll take photos of my booth and feedback on what my best sellers were. Are any of you doing Craft Fairs this Holiday season. I’d love it if you post a link here so I could check it out!


If you are looking to take your creativity to another level and want to create a brand and market yourself online.


Check out my Creative Business Coaching.


craft fair round up

Original article and pictures take www.mycreativescoop.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий